Did you know that you can view, print and download your FULL tax returns at any time?
Here’s what you need to do:-
1) Visit the Gov.uk website by clicking here www.gov.uk/log-in-register-hmrc-online-services and click on sign in to reach the login page.
Sign in using your Government Gateway user ID and password.
2) Scroll down and log in to self assessment.
This is what the log in area looks like, however, if you are only registered for Self Assessment then you may be directed to this screen automatically.
3) Go to ‘More details about your Self Assessment returns and payments‘ and follow the link.
4) In the ‘Your returns’ section, scroll down and select any the required year from the ‘Previously filed returns’ list. Click on the first option, being the given tax year for the return as shown in the image below.
5) Scroll down and click ‘View Return.’ (you can also select another tax year to view here by using the select tax year dropdown box)
6) On the next page it takes you to, look on the left hand menu and select ‘View / Print / Save your return.‘ (this option is also at the bottom of the page)
7) On the next page, scroll down to the ‘colour copy’ option, and click on ‘View PDF’ (sometimes you may see the option ‘Print a colour PDF copy of your return’ instead)
8) A pdf document should then open for you to view.
9) You can then Save the PDF to your computer.
10) And don’t forget to Log out!