We’ve put together some of the best content from our blogs and newsletters to provide you with all the information you need. Take a look at the range of topics below surrounding Section 24, Tax truths, Form 17 and UK property tax changes.
– Section 24, Landlords and Tax Payments on Account: The worst is still to come – What is Section 24? Common questions about Mortgage Interest Tax Relief Restrictions
– COVID-19 Business Support – Q&A with Chris Bailey
– Tax Truths Q&A -Tracey Hanbury interviews LT4L Co-Founder Chris Bailey [Video + Transcript]
– Case Study: Building a Business to Last Generations
– UK Property Tax Changes: A Summary of HMRC Updates – What to Expect Inside the LT4L Video Vault – Form 17 for Landlords – adjusting the split of property income between couples – Landlords, What Happens When You Die?
April 2020 marked the beginning of the fourth and final year for the staged implementation process of Section 24, and an end to private landlords being able to claim finance costs as a tax-deductible expense. Meanwhile the UKs tax payment on account system means...
Section 24 Update for Private Landlords: FROM APRIL 6th 2020 – MORTGAGE INTEREST IS NOW FULLY DISALLOWED AND REPLACED WITH A MAXIMUM OF A 20% TAX CREDIT. What are the 'Section 24' Tax Changes? The Section 24 tax changes restrict tax relief for finance costs secured...
With his straight-talking and uncomplicated approach, Chris Bailey (Co-Founder and Group Director of Less Tax 4 Landlords) talks through all of the Government Business support schemes, giving practical advice to business owners, alleviating concerns and providing hints and tips.
“Over several meetings I learned to understand the importance of a business plan, business model and business structure through to succession planning. When they had opened my eyes to the bigger picture I decided to invest time and money to be part of their community....
Landlord Tax Planning
The UK’s tax system is complicated – there’s no denying that. With constant changes to the rules, it’s hard for any property owner to keep up. Here’s a recap of all the significant property tax changes over the years.
Have you registered to watch our Tax and Business Planning Exclusive Videos inside the LT4L Video Vault? Find out what to expect inside the Video Vault here.
Did you know changes to the default 50/50 split on property income can be declared using what’s known as Form 17.