The 13th May saw the launch of ‘Portfolio Landlords Week’ hosted by the property discussion forum PropertyTribes.com and supported by Less Tax 4 Landlords. The aim of the week was to throw a spotlight on Portfolio Landlords and in particular look at why there is a widening gap between small landlords (fewer than 3 properties) and portfolio landlords (4 or more properties) in many areas including tax, finance, and mindset.
During the week, Property Tribes covered many topics and asked industry experts to comment and give their opinion on why the Private Rented Sector is experiencing this shift in trend. They also interviewed landlords who were happy to share their experiences and talk about the journey they had been on to get them to where they are today i.e. successful and professional landlords with a portfolio of properties.
The week covered the below topics:-
Monday – Launch of “Portfolio Landlords Week” with Tony Gimple of Less Tax for Landlords and an interview with Robert, a portfolio landlord based on the south coast to hear about his property journey.
If you’d like to watch more videos from industry experts featured in Portfolio Landlord Week, please find the links below:
- Watch Finance for portfolio landlords with Shawbrook Bank here
- Watch an interview with Howard Reuben of Property Tribes Financial Services giving a broker’s view on financing and growing portfolio here
- Watch Insurance for portfolio landlords with Alan Boswell Group here
- Watch Tony’s presentation from the Spring Property Investor Show here
For interviews looking at life through a portfolio landlord lens, the links are below:
- Watch an interview with Robert, a portfolio landlord based on the south coast to hear about his property journey here
- Watch an interview with husband and wife portfolio landlord team here
- Watch an interview with Chris, a portfolio landlord based in St. Albans here
You can also watch this in-depth interview with businessman and property professional, John Howard, who has been in the industry for over 30 years. Here he shares his property investing tips and talks very candidly about how he started out as an employee at his dad’s estate agent at the age of 17. He’s purchased over 3,500 houses, apartments and developments with his most recent project being the £25m Winerack tower block in Ipswich Waterfront which has been funded by Homes England.