Here in this Property Question Time, Tony Gimple answers questions about capital gains tax on Buy To Let properties that are in a child’s name. He also discusses whether or not it’s possible for a landlord to over charge their tenant council tax.

Questions in this episode include:

  • Where do I stand on Capital Gains Tax if I try to buy a Buy To Let property with cash, put it in my children’s names (all under 18) and use their annual tax free income allowance?
  • Can a landlord over charge council tax to a tenant?